Skip to main content
Question
Asked a question 2 months ago

I need to understand the Criteria Builder Logical Filter. How the the 'Nested' option work and what impact does it have? If I have several criteria within the one Criteria Builder instance how does the fact that each entry has it's own AND/OR logical work? It doesn't make sense. You can't have a criteria which reads: a_variable = 3 AND b_variable = 6 OR. The OR at the end is nonsense.

Where am I?

In Yurbi you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Andrew,

The nested option allows you to group criteria together across multiple fields to force correct order of operation. For example, let's say you have three fields: department, location and salary and they are added to Yurbi in this order. We want to return results for a particular dept and/or a particular location and a salary above a certain limit. If we add criteria without the nested option we will get:

dept = 1 OR loc = 2 AND salary < 3000

Now if we check the nested option on the department field and the location field we will get:

(dept = 1 OR loc = 2) and salary < 3000

The logical AND/OR on each criterion is applied to the previous criterion even if it belongs to a preceding field. So the first field that has criteria, the first criterion's logical operator will not be used. The last criterion is used to AND/OR it with the previous criterion.

If you still require clarification please contact us at support@yurbi.com13 to assist directly.

Related Questions

No related questions.