Skip to main content
Asked a question 11 months ago

Is there a way to 'debug' or to see the SQL queries that are sent to my database?

Where am I?

In Yurbi you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Update:  As of the 11.20.08.20 Build you now can view the SQL directly from the Builder.

Is there a way to 'debug' or to see the SQL queries that are sent to my database?

If you are not on that version yet or in case your organization has hidden that feature16, you can still use the methods below.

------

There are 2 ways to access this info.  There is also a roadmap request that you can vote and comment on here for adding this into the builder interface - https://yurbi.feedy.app/feedback/656/ 19

The recommended method is on the Yurbi server, go to c:\program files (x86)\yurbi\logs directory, sort by date, and open the most recent Yurbi.Log file.  It will have a number such as Yurbi.Log.1 as we cycle the logs to limit size and space.

Open that file using Notepad or any text editor and scroll to the bottom to see the most recent SQL queries executed and any errors messages that are returned directly from the database.

The queries will look similar to this but in some cases there will be additional Yurbi specific information pertaining to drill downs and other features:

Select COUNT("sales_pipeline"."opportunity_id") "opportunity_id", "sales_pipeline"."deal_stage" "deal_stage", "sales_pipeline"."close_value" "close_value", "sales_pipeline"."created_date" "created_date", "employees"."name" "sales_rep_name" From "sales_pipeline_1001" "sales_pipeline"  Left Join  "sales_pipeline_1001" "employees" ON "sales_pipeline"."sales_agent_id"="employees"."emp_id" Where 1=1 And (("sales_pipeline"."deal_stage" = 'In Progress')) Group By "sales_pipeline"."deal_stage", "sales_pipeline"."close_value", "sales_pipeline"."created_date", "employees"."name"

The second method is to enable Audit logging of SQL execution from the Admin -> Audit section.  As shown in the image below, by default this audit option is turned off because on a busy Yurbi system, this could add a lot of data into the database and increase the space consume on the hard drive and cause system issues.  Be sure to set the Retention period carefully if you enable and monitor your system resources if you enable this.

Once enabled, you are able to build a report using the Yurbi v10 app (available by default to Admin users) of the SQL code generated in the same format as stored in the log files.